Monday, February 16, 2009

Not So Terrible Twos


Some call it the terrible twos
I call it memories that I don’t want to lose
Trains that he deeply loves
Affectionately he calls them “choo-choos”

A bit shy around strangers
Hiding behind dad’s leg
When he senses dangers
His hidden stare lingers

Of all the people two have a special place
Deep in his heart
The first is one he calls “Gace”
Clearly, she brings a smile to his face

Bed time stories or all of her snuggles
No one can explain a Mother’s love
Playing with cars or working a puzzle
Into her neck he loves to nuzzle

Countless times I’ve said he’s all boy
Surely, that’s definitely the truth
When a ball is a favorite toy
His deep, belly laugh at play brings sheer joy

Temper tantrums happen from day to day
What two year old doesn’t
All goes away when I hear him say,
“I’m Sawry” or “Otay”

It’s the not so terrible twos
Yes, there are rough days
That come when he’s whiny and a bad attitude
But, it’s priceless when we hear “I wub you”

1 comment:

Kristin Vanzant said...

Beautiful Scottie! Thanks for sharing... I love hearing your heart. Precious.

What a sweet gift to Ben.

Love you guys,
KV